Thanksgiving has snuck up on me again this year and the truth is, I miss pumpkin flavored everything, turkey and eggnog. But since the holiday is about more than just all that, I'll start by saying thanks for the 86,400 seconds of life that I was gifted on this planet today. Since I could very easily spend every minute of the rest of my life listing people, moments and ideas for which to be grateful, below I list just a few that are ringing strong today.
I am thankful for…
- Waking up every morning and being able to breathe, think, enjoy and love
- Each and every one of the fascinating human beings that have wandered their way into my world, my heart and my soul
- The rebels and risk takers that are pure proof that fear is just an illusion and life is meant to be lived as one pleases
- My beautiful Argentina, which is still teaching me first hand the power of empathy, compassion and deep, resilient human bonds
- The friends and romances that continue to teach me that love is everything
- My fellow Capoeira practitioners that have instilled in me a profound desire to play, dance and stay free. Always and everywhere.
- The wild adventures and unpredictable challenges that spring up on me each and every day in this city of fury. Even after more than two years of living here in Buenos Aires, the chaos that everyday life presents is absolutely inexplicable.
- The passion that continues burning deep in my soul to explore, connect, share and love
- Teachers that are working to open their students’ hearts and minds
- Artists and musicians who remind us to never stop listening to our inner child
- Those who are willing to do backflips over language and cultural barriers in order to form deep and genuine connections
- Each and every experience that pushes me to a new level of self-reflection and self-improvement
- The vastness of this planet and all of its amazing creatures
- The subtle words and actions from loved ones and strangers that push my mind to open to an entire new level of thinking and understanding and my heart to a new level of feeling